Make ordinary salmon extra special by topping it with a pistachio crust. You can have it on the table in under 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal or a dinner party for guests. Serve with a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets salmon with skin, center cut
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Combine pistachios, panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a small bowl; stir with a fork until evenly combined.
- 3. Lightly season salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Sear salmon fillets, flesh-side down, for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn heat off and flip salmon pieces over so skin side is down. Brush tops of salmon evenly with Dijon mustard. Top with pistachio mixture, pressing mixture down onto salmon.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 458.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 6.8 g
protein: 36.2 g
saturated fat: 7.1 g
cholesterol: 107.9 mg
sodium: 322.3 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 0.7 g