Simple Greek Couscous
Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese add a Greek flair to a classic Mediterranean pasta.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- ⅔ cup chopped kalamata olives, liquid reserved
- ⅔ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, oil reserved
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or to taste
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. Mix olives, red bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and couscous together in a bowl. Stir about 1 tablespoon liquid from olives and 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomatoes into the couscous mixture until moistened. Add more oil as needed. Fold in feta cheese; sprinkle with parsley.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 189.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 22.5 g
protein: 6.5 g
saturated fat: 3.3 g
cholesterol: 16.8 mg
sodium: 555.4 mg
fiber: 2.1 g
sugar: 3.2 g