Whether you're on a diet or just like to eat Italian cooking with flavor, this is the perfect choice for you. In Italy it is usually served after an entree, but can also be eaten as a main dish with a tossed salad.
- 1 pound potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (4.375 ounce) cans sardines, drained
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Cover with cold water and allow to sit until cool, draining and replacing the cold water as needed. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly.
- 2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. Grease a casserole dish with the olive oil. Line the casserole dish with an even layer of potato slices; top with a layer of sardine fillets. Scatter the diced tomatoes over the sardines. Sprinkle the garlic, basil, and bread crumbs over the tomatoes.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 465.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.7 g
protein: 34 g
saturated fat: 3.4 g
cholesterol: 176.1 mg
sodium: 663.2 mg
fiber: 3.6 g
sugar: 1.1 g