Baked Oatmeal from Quaker®
Baked oatmeal with a caramelized brown sugar top layer doesn't get any better than this--and it feeds a crowd.
- 2 cups Quick Quaker® Oats, uncooked
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 ⅓ cups fat-free milk
- ½ cup egg substitute with yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. In large bowl, combine oats and granulated sugar.
- 3. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg substitute and vanilla; mix well. Add to oat mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- 4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center jiggles slightly. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- 5. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of oatmeal. Using back of spoon, gently spread sugar into a thin layer across entire surface of oatmeal.
- 6. Return to oven; bake just until sugar melts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7. Set oven to broil. Broil 3 inches from heat until sugar bubbles and browns slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. (Watch carefully to prevent burning. It may be necessary to turn baking dish.) Spoon into bowls to serve.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 192.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 36.3 g
protein: 8.1 g
saturated fat: 0.4 g
cholesterol: 2.2 mg
sodium: 73.9 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 22.8 g