Banana Pudding with Vanilla Wafers
Banana pudding recipe from Kristy's mom.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 cups milk
- 5 large ripe bananas, mashed, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1. Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine egg yolks and water in a second bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the sugar mixture and mix until batter is well combined.
- 3. Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add batter and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bananas and vanilla extract.
- 4. Layer vanilla wafers and banana pudding alternately into a glass bowl. Cool before serving.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 578 kcal
carbohydrates: 109.8 g
protein: 8.7 g
saturated fat: 4.5 g
cholesterol: 112.2 mg
sodium: 183.9 mg
fiber: 3.2 g
sugar: 66.2 g