Banana Split Pudding Dessert
This is a recipe I created based on another dessert I once ate. It is a really fun dessert to make with your kids because there is very little actual 'cooking'.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (2.5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- chocolate syrup, or to taste
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Combine flour, pecans, and butter in a bowl; press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 4. Mix 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, cream cheese, and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl; spread over cooled crust. Layer pineapple over cream cheese mixture layer.
- 5. Beat milk and pudding mixes together in a bowl until thickened and creamy; fold in bananas and spread over pineapple. Layer strawberries over pudding mixture; top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- 6. Drizzle chocolate syrup over whipped topping layer and arrange the cherries equally apart from each other so each piece gets 1 cherry.
serving: 1 9x13-inch pan
calories: 468.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.5 g
protein: 6.2 g
saturated fat: 14.5 g
cholesterol: 45.7 mg
sodium: 311 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 36.5 g