Bow Tie Tuna Florentine
A classy version of tuna casserole. A creamy pesto sauce with spinach, bow tie pasta and tuna. Serve with warm French bread and wine for an elegant 'hot dish.'
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package creamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt the margarine over medium-high heat. Add milk and pesto sauce mix; bring to a boil stirring constantly with a wire whisk until well blended and boiling. Reduce heat and add spinach and mushrooms. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add cooked pasta, tuna and tomatoes, stirring gently to coat. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 437.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.4 g
protein: 37 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 34.4 mg
sodium: 663.9 mg
fiber: 3.7 g
sugar: 7.1 g