Nana's Acorn Squash
This is a recipe even veggie haters will love! People who like sweet potatoes also love it. It's a family favorite of mine.
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a microwave safe casserole dish pour enough water to reach 1 1/2 inches in depth. Place the squash halves cut side down in the water, and pierce the skin with a fork a few times. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper to taste. Place 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in each half.
- 3. Broil 5 minutes, or until butter is melted. Mix the melted butter and sugar into the flesh, and serve.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 400 kcal
carbohydrates: 50.9 g
protein: 2.1 g
saturated fat: 14.6 g
cholesterol: 61.1 mg
sodium: 177.8 mg
fiber: 7.3 g
sugar: 26.3 g