Mrs. Strong's Casserole
My grandmother got this recipe from an old neighbor, it's a lot like lasagna...but a lot better! It's absolutely delicious. Try it yourself!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in crushed garlic, salt, sugar and tomato sauce; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. In a small bowl combine green onions, cream cheese and sour cream. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 1/3 of the noodles, cheese mixture, and tomato sauce; repeat twice. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly; serve.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 489.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 30 g
protein: 24.8 g
saturated fat: 14.4 g
cholesterol: 121.3 mg
sodium: 587.6 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 4.3 g