Mississippi Mud Pie II
This delicious crust is made with flour, chopped walnuts and butter, pressed into a 9-inch pie tin, and baked till lightly golden. It 's then filled with chocolate pudding that is then smothered with a sweetened whipped cream and cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine walnuts and flour. Mix well, then stir in softened butter or margarine. Stir until ingredients are combined and mixture forms a ball. Press into bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- 3. Place pudding mix in a medium bowl and whisk in milk. Mix until smooth. Allow to set up for 5 minutes then spread on top of cooled crust.
- 4. In a large bowl whip cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over pudding layer. Chill before serving.