Quinoa Salad with Roasted Yams
This is an all-time favorite of my friends and family! Add some roasted beets and Romanesco broccoli if desired.
- 1 ½ cups diced yams
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa, soaked and rinsed
- 4 Persian cucumbers - peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup 1/4-inch cubed onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 endive spears to garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; add yams.
- 2. Bake in the preheated oven until yams are tender and wrinkled at the edges, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes
- 3. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add quinoa, stirring once; return to boil. Cook uncovered until water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain, shaking the sieve well to remove all moisture. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 4. Stir cucumbers, yams, parsley, olive oil, onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper into the quinoa. Garnish with endive spears.
serving: 5 servings
calories: 453.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 69 g
protein: 12.6 g
saturated fat: 2.2 g
sodium: 57.1 mg
fiber: 9.6 g
sugar: 4.5 g