Inspired by traditional rice pilau of southern India, this addictive recipe is time-efficient with practice. Once tasted, it is impossible to get enough. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped blanched almonds, or more to taste
- 1. Bring water, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan; cook until quinoa has absorbed all the water, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and ginger until onion is lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add cinnamon and cloves; stir to coat. Stir in cooked quinoa.
- 3. Remove skillet from heat; stir in mint and cilantro. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Allow mixture to cool; fluff with fork before serving. Garnish with blanched almonds.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 262.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.5 g
protein: 6.2 g
saturated fat: 1.5 g
sodium: 315.7 mg
fiber: 4.5 g
sugar: 1.3 g