Spicy Beef Bulgogi
My extra-spicy version of Beef Bulgogi that I learned from a woman in France. Serve over rice or noodles.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole dried cayenne peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Place flank steak slices in a shallow dish.
- 2. Mix soy sauce, sriracha sauce, green onion, sugar, whole dried peppers, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, ground cayenne, and black pepper together in a bowl. Pour over steak. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to marinate, at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 4. Remove steak slices from marinade and grill on preheated grill until slightly charred and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 5. Simmer marinade in a wok or skillet over medium heat until thick and the consistency of gravy; pour over grilled steak.
serving: 1 pound flank steak
calories: 248.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 15 g
protein: 16.3 g
saturated fat: 3.2 g
cholesterol: 25.2 mg
sodium: 1792.2 mg
fiber: 2 g
sugar: 8.4 g