Quick Peach Melba
Turn on the appliances: For Quick Peach Melba, microwave fresh peaches in a little peach schnapps. Raspberry sauce will zip together fast in a food processor or a blender.
- ¼ cup peach schnapps or peach juice
- 4 large peaches, halved, pitted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted in a 300-degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- 1. Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pan or pie plate large enough to hold peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches, cut side down in pan. Microwave on high Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pie plate large enough to hold all peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches cut side down in pan. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Turn peaches over and microwave about 2 minutes longer, until the fruit is tender when poked with a sharp knife. Let peaches cool, then peel. Refrigerate. for 3 minutes.
- 2. Transfer jam to a microwave-safe measuring cup; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes until partially melted. In a food processor, puree jam and raspberries. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl; strain sauce to remove seeds, pressing with a rubber spatula. Discard seeds. Refrigerate.
- 3. Put 1/2 cup ice cream in each of eight shallow bowls, then a peach half, 2 Tbs. sauce and 1 Tb. almonds. Serve.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 365 kcal
carbohydrates: 62.5 g
protein: 4 g
saturated fat: 4.7 g
cholesterol: 29 mg
sodium: 57.1 mg
fiber: 2.9 g
sugar: 55.7 g