Hot Dog Breakfast
This is a very kid- and husband-friendly dish. It may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but it is oh so good and oh so easy! Not only does my husband love this dish, but he swears that it works as a great hangover cure!
- ½ pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 hot dogs, sliced thin
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- 2. Beat eggs and sour cream together in a bowl until smooth.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir eggs mixture until mostly cooked into solid bits with very little moisture remaining, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add hot dogs to the eggs and continue cooking until the hot dogs are heated through and the eggs have finished cooking, about 5 minutes more.
- 4. Stir drained pasta into the eggs. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the egg and pasta mixture; stir to melt the cheese slightly.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 505.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.9 g
protein: 24.1 g
saturated fat: 10.9 g
cholesterol: 272.8 mg
sodium: 731.8 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 4 g