Banana Caramel Pie II
It is a pie that combines caramel, bananas, and a graham cracker crust. You simmer the sweetened condensed milk in a water bath for 3 hours, until it turns into caramel.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 bananas
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water. Place an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk into the water. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 3 hours. Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan. Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Carefully open can and pour contents into pie crust. Slice bananas over the top and cool in the refrigerator. Before serving, spread with whipped topping.
serving: 1 - 9 inch pie
calories: 613.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 84.7 g
protein: 8 g
saturated fat: 17.7 g
cholesterol: 22.2 mg
sodium: 297.4 mg
fiber: 2.1 g
sugar: 69.1 g