Best BBQ Shrimp Ever
This simple marinade for shrimp is guaranteed to please. Passed down by my mother-in-law, it's without a doubt one of her greatest contributions to humankind. Serve over rice.
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¾ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 16 skewers
- 1. Whisk together the canola oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, chili sauce, lemon juice, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 3. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Thread about 4 shrimp onto each skewer.
- 4. Cook on the preheated grill until pink on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
serving: 16 skewers
calories: 125.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 3.9 g
protein: 19 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
cholesterol: 172.8 mg
sodium: 324.7 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 1 g