Easy Kielbasa Skillet Dinner
The house always smells awesome while this very tasty, filling meal is cooking. It makes kielbasa worth stocking up on when it goes on sale and uses basic/cheap ingredients overall. Vary the vegetables depending on what you have on hand. For example add/replace broccoli with a can of corn and/or peas, etc. If you like a little heat, sprinkle a little hot sauce on top after it's cooked. This should make about 4 servings, but it almost always turns out to be split into 2 large servings between the me and the boyfriend. We like to crisp up/brown the kielbasa slightly before adding the vegetables.
- cooking spray
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa sausage, sliced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion in the hot skillet until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add kielbasa; fry until sausage is lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes more.
- 2. Stir broccoli and potatoes into sausage mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cook, without stirring, until broccoli begins to soften, about 15 minutes. Stir mixture and continue to cook until vegetables are completely tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 492 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.9 g
protein: 18.3 g
saturated fat: 10.5 g
cholesterol: 74.9 mg
sodium: 1049.5 mg
fiber: 4.7 g
sugar: 4.3 g