Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
If you love cheese and love potatoes you'll adore this delicious recipe! You can use any three cheeses you like, but I find using a sharp cheddar, freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, and thin sliced provolone (because it melts very well) are the best! Takes time to cook, but the result is so yummy and the smell is intoxicating!
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2 quart or larger casserole dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- 2. Layer half of the potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Dot with half of the butter cut or pinched into small pieces. Arrange half of the garlic slices over the potatoes, then pour half of the heavy cream over. Sprinkle one cup of Cheddar cheese over the layer, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering of potatoes, garlic, cream and Cheddar cheese, then top with the slices of provolone cheese. Season again with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake for 1/2 hour in the preheated oven, then sprinkle the Parmesan or Romano cheese over the top. This will create a semi-hard cheese crust. Continue baking uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 679.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 24.2 g
protein: 22.9 g
saturated fat: 34.8 g
cholesterol: 186.1 mg
sodium: 617.4 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 0.5 g