Sweet Habanero Onions
Sweet heat for your burgers, hot dogs, or anything else you would normally put some sauteed or grilled onions on.
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), sliced into rings or crescents
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir onion, habanero pepper, brown sugar, salt, and pepper into hot butter; cook and stir until onions turn translucent and soften, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 2. Stir 1 tablespoon butter into onion mixture and continue to cook and stir until onion caramelizes, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove onions from pan and top with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 133.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.7 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 7.3 g
cholesterol: 30.5 mg
sodium: 84.8 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 4.7 g