Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Mix together spinach, pepperoni, and cheese for delicious easy appetizer.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoni
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Brush both sides of each portobello mushroom cap with Italian dressing. Arrange mushroom on a baking sheet, gill sides up.
- 3. Bake mushrooms in the preheated oven until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain any juice that has formed in the mushrooms.
- 4. Beat egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- 5. Stir spinach, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs into the eggs until evenly mixed.
- 6. Divide spinach mixture over mushroom caps; sprinkle mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon bread crumbs. Return mushrooms to the oven.
- 7. Continue baking until topping is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 168.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.5 g
protein: 11.3 g
saturated fat: 4.2 g
cholesterol: 70.4 mg
sodium: 590.5 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 0.9 g