Candied Apple Pie
This is a wonderful twist on a candied apple.
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, or to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 3 tablespoons white sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl; press into a pie pan.
- 3. Bake crust in preheated oven until set, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Spread 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping over the pie crust. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over the caramel. Refrigerate until the caramel is set, at least 15 minutes.
- 5. Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Stir brown sugar and salt into the butter; add apples and stir to coat. Cook until apples are fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes; transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until completely cool, at least 30 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 7. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- 8. Spread chilled apple mixture over the caramel and pecans in the pie crust; top with the cream cheese layer.
- 9. Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let pie cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- 10. Top pie with whipped topping. Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping over the pie. Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans over the caramel and whipped topping.
serving: 1 9-inch pie
calories: 723.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 79.6 g
protein: 6.8 g
saturated fat: 21.6 g
cholesterol: 104 mg
sodium: 541.5 mg
fiber: 4.2 g
sugar: 41.1 g