Easy Beef Heart Skewers
Beef heart is a dense muscle that takes well to a good acidic marinade. This simple marinade tenderizes and really complements the flavorful meat. Add the smoky heat of a charcoal grill and you've got another arrow in your recipe quiver.
- 6 bamboo skewers, or more as needed, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 pounds beef heart
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as Picapeppa®)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Soak skewers in a bowl or water for at least 30 minutes. Drain water.
- 2. Trim the tough outer layer from the beef heart on a work surface using a fillet knife. Cut beef into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- 3. Whisk mustard, steak sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag (such as Ziploc®). Add beef skewers, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade. Thread beef onto skewers.
- 5. Cook beef skewers on the preheated grill until well browned and firm to the touch, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
serving: 8 4-ounce servings
calories: 154 kcal
carbohydrates: 1.2 g
protein: 20.5 g
saturated fat: 1.5 g
cholesterol: 150.3 mg
sodium: 147.1 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 0.3 g