Gluten-Free Cocoa Coconut Cupcakes
These are light, moist, well-risen cakes with little gooey chunks of coconutty goodness throughout. You wouldn't know they were gluten free and lactose free! Try not to burn your fingers when you attempt to eat them straight from the oven.
- 1 cup self-rising gluten-free flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lactose-free milk
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut, roughly chopped (such as Patak's®)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 15 muffin cups or line cups with paper liners.
- 2. Combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, margarine, olive oil, and milk until there are no lumps and batter has a thick texture. Stir in chopped creamed coconut.
- 3. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each almost to the top.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
serving: 15 cupcakes
calories: 145.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.3 g
protein: 2.2 g
saturated fat: 2.2 g
cholesterol: 32.7 mg
sodium: 106.7 mg
fiber: 1.1 g
sugar: 8.4 g