Savory Stilton and Walnut Bread Pudding
This recipe is for a savory cake. I cut the cake into bite-sized pieces - perfect for a party or picnic. This pudding is just as good when served cold. Keeps well in the fridge and also freezes well. Enjoy!
- ½ (1 pound) loaf brioche, cut into small cubes and crusts removed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1. Place brioche cubes in a large bowl; cover with 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
- 3. Stir 1/4 cup melted butter and egg into the brioche mixture.
- 4. Mix Stilton cheese, walnuts, sage, rosemary, Dijon mustard, mixed spice, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl. Add to the brioche mixture; mash until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- 5. Spread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Grate some fresh nutmeg on top.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool, about 20 minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
serving: 16 pieces
calories: 128.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 8.3 g
protein: 4.2 g
saturated fat: 4.2 g
cholesterol: 39.7 mg
sodium: 314 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 2.1 g