I made this pie up for Thanksgiving one year from ingredients that I had on hand in my pantry. It was more or less an experiment yet my family raved about the taste! Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle a few crushed pecans on top for presentation and voila!
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup miniature milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Mix in the pecans, chocolate chips, coconut and raisins. Pour into pie crust.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 90 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean.