Chinese Chicken Salad III
This is one of my favorite salads. It tastes so good you wouldn't even suspect it's low-fat. Wonton wrappers (or skins) can be found in the deli or produce section of most supermarkets.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon hot chile paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 16 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers, shredded
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. To prepare the dressing, whisk together the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste, ginger, vinegar, and sesame oil.
- 2. Grill or broil the chicken breasts until cooked, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool and slice.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Spray a large shallow pan with nonstick vegetable spray; arrange shredded wontons in a single layer and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, wontons, lettuce, carrots, green onions and cilantro. Toss with dressing and serve.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 393.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 41.9 g
protein: 34.1 g
saturated fat: 2 g
cholesterol: 69.1 mg
sodium: 772.3 mg
fiber: 5.7 g
sugar: 13.3 g