Vietnamese Aromatic Lamb Chops
These are the most delicious lamb chops you'll ever taste! When I make it, this savory lamb dish has impressed EVERYONE and has had people coming back for more for many years. It's suitable for any occasion...even Christmas or Thanksgiving. Plan ahead so you can marinate the lamb overnight.
- 15 (3 ounce) lamb loin chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1. Place the lamb chops into a roasting pan, and season evenly with the garlic, garlic powder, chili powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of lime juice, soy sauce and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow the lamb to stand at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- 3. Roast uncovered in the preheated oven to your desired degree of doneness, about 20 minutes for medium, or 30 minutes for well done. Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro and squeeze lemon and lime juice over the top before serving.