Stuffed Mediterranean Baked Potatoes
Gluten-free and vegan Mediterranean stuffed baked sweet potatoes with hummus and roasted garbanzo beans.
- ¾ cup dry garbanzo beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided, or as needed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup hummus
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup diced grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1. Soak garbanzo beans in water for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 2. Rinse and drain beans. Place in a pot and cover with 3 cups water. Boil until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 4. Remove and discard garbanzo bean skins. Place beans in a bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Stir gently until beans are covered and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Rub sweet potatoes with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Place potatoes face-down on the baking sheet with the beans.
- 6. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir garbanzo beans gently with a wooden spoon and continue cooking about 15 minutes more.
- 7. Remove from the oven. Flip sweet potatoes over so they are flesh-side up; smash down insides of sweet potatoes with a spoon and place on a serving plate.
- 8. Mix hummus, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and dill together in a bowl.
- 9. Fill centers of sweet potatoes evenly with hummus mixture. Top with roasted garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and parsley. Drizzle each with lemon juice.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 198 kcal
carbohydrates: 36.4 g
protein: 6.2 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
sodium: 138.2 mg
fiber: 7.4 g
sugar: 6.8 g