These raspberry-lemon cupcakes are not too sweet with just the right amount of tartness. I used frozen raspberries but feel to use fresh raspberries. Easy to make and ready in less than 40 minutes.
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 9 cups in a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- 2. Cream Neufchatel cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and egg white; beat until well combined. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract.
- 3. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in raspberries. Spoon batter into the prepared cupcake tin, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- 5. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl and drizzle over cooled cupcakes.
serving: 9 cupcakes
calories: 167.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.7 g
protein: 3.6 g
saturated fat: 3.7 g
cholesterol: 34.5 mg
sodium: 159 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 15.2 g