Colorful Roasted Corn Salad
I came up with this recipe when needing a colorful side dish to go with mild chicken enchiladas and which needed to be low spice, low acid, and without beans, tomatoes, peppers, or onions. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen roasted corn (such as Trader Joe's)
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1. Place carrot in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 cup water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and saute until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- 3. Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper together to make the dressing. Stir in carrot, corn, zucchini, and celery. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 146 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.5 g
protein: 2.7 g
saturated fat: 1 g
sodium: 210.7 mg
fiber: 2.4 g
sugar: 6.4 g