Poop Emoji Cookies
Since my daughter is obsessed with emojis and especially the poop emoji, for her birthday this year I made these poop emoji cookies as a treat to share for her class. Needless to say, they were a huge hit! They are based on a German cookie recipe and are different than American cookies - pretty dry and not very sweet as in Germany cookies are always eaten with tea or coffee. I'll be making them again as Halloween cookies.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or as needed
- 90 candy eyeballs
- 1. Combine flour, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Work in butter with your fingers until mixture resembles small crumbs. Add milk and egg and knead into a soft dough. Place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3. Roll dough into long, thin 8-inch ropes, pinching one end into a pointy tip. Arrange in the shape of a little poop-mound with the pointy tip on top and place onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between individual cookies.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly darkened on the bottom and dried, 10 to 12 minutes. Carefully remove from baking sheet and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 5. Mix 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar with lemon juice to form a thin icing. Glue 2 candy eyeballs on each poop cookie and let dry.
serving: 45 cookies
calories: 74.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.3 g
protein: 1.3 g
saturated fat: 1.7 g
cholesterol: 9.9 mg
sodium: 49.8 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 3.3 g