Bacon is delicious and so are tacos. Together they make an amazing meal! Serve all ingredients a la carte.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white rice
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, retaining the drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 4. Combine beans and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Cook and stir the cooked rice and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in the reserved bacon drippings until evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6. Brush vegetable oil over each tortilla and arrange tortillas on a baking sheet.
- 7. Bake tortillas in the preheated oven until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- 8. Place black bean mixture, rice mixture, bacon, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and Cheddar cheese each in separate bowls; serve with tortillas.
serving: 5 servings
calories: 573 kcal
carbohydrates: 60.2 g
protein: 26.7 g
saturated fat: 12.7 g
cholesterol: 61.4 mg
sodium: 1148.1 mg
fiber: 8.4 g
sugar: 2.6 g