Italian berry ice cream.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 (4.3 ounce) package plain meringue cookies, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Brush an 8-inch springform tin very lightly with vegetable oil. Line the bottom with a round of waxed paper.
- 2. Combine heavy cream and 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment; whip until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Place 8 ounces strawberries in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Fold puree into cream. Fold in crushed meringue cookies and raspberry liqueur. Pour into the prepared tin and cover with plastic wrap.
- 4. Freeze semifreddo until firm, 6 hours to overnight.
- 5. Place 8 ounces strawberries in the blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Stir 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and lemon juice into the puree until sugar is dissolved.
- 6. Spoon strawberry puree onto serving plates. Cut semifreddo into slices and place onto the plates. Garnish with remaining strawberries.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 246.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.2 g
protein: 1.6 g
saturated fat: 7 g
cholesterol: 40.8 mg
sodium: 25.1 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 29 g