Salmon Casserole Surprise
This flavorful casserole is a comfort food dish!
- 4 cups sliced potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, drained (liquid reserved) and salmon flaked
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Mix reserved liquid from salmon and enough milk to make a total of 2 cups together in a measuring cup or bowl.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously grease a casserole dish.
- 4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir flour into melted butter and cook until dissolved, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk mixture to butter-flour mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5. Layer potatoes, salmon, and sauce, alternating 1 or 2 times, into the prepared casserole dish.
- 6. Whisk mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard together in a bowl; pour over casserole.
- 7. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 450.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 24 g
protein: 24.1 g
saturated fat: 8.7 g
cholesterol: 64.2 mg
sodium: 557.7 mg
fiber: 2.4 g
sugar: 3.1 g