Best Chicken Quiche
An easy quiche that uses up the chicken left over from making soup stock! Note: The regular dry onion soup mix can be too strong; I use Lipton® Golden Onion Soup Mix.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 poached skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. Spread crust into a 10 inch deep dish pie plate. Arrange chicken evenly over the crust. Cover with Gruyere cheese.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk, onion soup mix and Parmesan cheese. Pour mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 30 more minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 392.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 22.3 g
protein: 23.7 g
saturated fat: 8.4 g
cholesterol: 169.4 mg
sodium: 954 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 4.7 g