Cinnamon Apple Toast
Makes a tasty breakfast. Keep the extra syrup in a glass jar in the fridge. It tastes wonderful on pancakes, waffles, and French toast as well!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon apple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple juice; whisk until well blended. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- 3. Place apples in a microwave-safe dish and drizzle with apple syrup. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until tender; set aside. Toast bread and arrange apple slices on top. Drizzle with syrup.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 238.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.9 g
protein: 4 g
saturated fat: 0.4 g
sodium: 141.7 mg
fiber: 4.9 g
sugar: 35.8 g