No Ordinary Meatloaf
My husband always thought meatloaf was bland and like a large hamburger. I came up with this recipe, now he wants it at least once or more a month!!
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In food processor or blender, pulse stuffing mix to fine crumbs; place in large bowl. Stir in ground beef, ground pork, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, eggs, seasoned salt, seasoning blend, and pepper. Use your hands to mix very well; pat into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
serving: 1 - 9x5 inch meatloaf
calories: 391.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 29.7 g
protein: 25.5 g
saturated fat: 6.9 g
cholesterol: 117.6 mg
sodium: 1028.6 mg
fiber: 2.4 g
sugar: 3 g