Meatloaf Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwich has crisped cheese on the outside and warm melted cheese on the inside. Perfect with sliced pickles and extra ketchup for dipping.
- 1 slice leftover meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon ketchup, or to taste
- 3 slices Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard, or to taste
- 1. Place meatloaf on a microwave-safe plate; cook in the microwave on High, 30 seconds at a time, until heated through.
- 2. Melt margarine in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place both bread slices in skillet over melted margarine. Build sandwich on bread slice in this order: ketchup, 1 slice Cheddar cheese, warm meatloaf slice, and mustard. Flip second slice of bread over onto sandwich; cook until bottom of sandwich is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Flip sandwich with a spatula and place 1 slice Cheddar cheese on top; continue cooking until cheese melts slightly, about 1 minute. Flip sandwich over and lay remaining slice of cheese on top; cook until cheese on the bottom of sandwich is melted and crisp, about 2 minutes. Turn sandwich over; cook until cheese is melted and crisp, about 2 minutes.
serving: 1 sandwich
calories: 759.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.2 g
protein: 41.1 g
saturated fat: 24.4 g
cholesterol: 173.4 mg
sodium: 1222.7 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 5.2 g