Italian Stuffed Zucchini
This is an easy, tasty way to use up zucchini. I have listed the ingredients per person so the amount can be adjusted, depending on how much zucchini you have. Can be made lacto-vegetarian or vegan.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup frozen burger-style crumbles
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Hollow out the zucchini. Place the scraped out zucchini into a medium bowl. Combine zucchini, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, burger-style crumbles and pasta sauce. Mix well.
- 3. Place mixture into hollowed out zucchini. Arrange zucchini in a baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake for 40 minutes.
serving: 1 serving
calories: 577.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 40.6 g
protein: 77 g
saturated fat: 6.9 g
cholesterol: 33.6 mg
sodium: 1877 mg
fiber: 10.3 g
sugar: 15.7 g