Coconut Dulce de Leche
This dairy-free caramel sauce makes me forget how much I love dairy! Put it on cookies, ice cream, or just your spoon.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Mix coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Increase heat to medium-high and boil until coconut sauce is reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Cool completely before using.
serving: 2 1/2 cups
calories: 278.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.3 g
protein: 1 g
saturated fat: 11.2 g
sodium: 176 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 41.8 g