White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Bars
A great holiday cookie bar. A favorite of my son and daughter.
- cooking spray
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 (1 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate (such as Baker's®), chopped and divided
- ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1 ½ cups chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; grease with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine white cake mix, milk, melted butter, and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well blended and thick. Divide dough into 2 pieces.
- 3. Place 1 piece of dough between 2 large sheets of waxed paper; roll into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Peel off waxed paper and press the dough into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until dough is pale golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle half of the sliced almonds, white chocolate chips, white baking chocolate, and hazelnuts on top; press into the soft dough.
- 5. Place chocolate hazelnut spread in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat on medium-high, stirring often, until melted, about 1 minute. Spread over dough.
- 6. Place the second piece of dough between 2 large sheets of waxed paper; roll into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Peel off waxed paper and lay the dough over the chocolate hazelnut spread. Sprinkle remaining sliced almonds, white chocolate chips, white baking chocolate, and hazelnuts on top; press into dough with a spatula.
- 7. Bake in the preheated oven until dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm, 3 to 4 hours. Cut into bars.
serving: 16 servings
calories: 543.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 59.7 g
protein: 7.5 g
saturated fat: 10.1 g
cholesterol: 20.4 mg
sodium: 375.5 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 47.4 g