Strawberries and Cream Bread Pudding
I love all things strawberry so when I was asked to make bread pudding I decided to try adding strawberries. The results were heavenly. I have never liked bread pudding... until now that is. I will definitely be adding this to my list of favorites.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 (1 ounce) slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup light cream
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- ¾ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square baking dish with the melted butter.
- 2. Toss bread with the chopped strawberries, and place into the prepared pan. Beat the eggs, milk, cream, strawberry preserves, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until frothy. Pour over the bread and lightly press down with a spatula until the bread has absorbed the milk mixture.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.