Red Wine Risotto with Mushrooms
A creamy risotto with mushrooms, parsley, and red wine. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Bring broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover saucepan and keep broth warm over low heat.
- 2. Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic to onion and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir rice into onion mixture and cook until fragrant and slightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Add wine to rice mixture and stir for 1 minute.
- 3. Pour 3/4 cup hot broth into rice mixture; cook and stir constantly until absorbed, about 6 minutes. Add 3/4 cup more hot broth; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Add 3/4 cup hot broth; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Add 3/4 cup hot broth; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup hot broth and mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper into risotto; cook and stir until cheeses are melted, about 30 seconds.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 373.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.6 g
protein: 11.8 g
saturated fat: 8.2 g
cholesterol: 37.7 mg
sodium: 258.3 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 2.1 g