Easy Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
These are pretty healthy, moist, and delicious. You cannot even tell they have zucchini in them and a great way to put nutrition into something your kids will eat! Excellent plain or with cream cheese frosting!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup pureed zucchini
- 3 large eggs (such as omega-3 eggs)
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. Mix cake mix, pudding mix, zucchini, eggs, sour cream, and applesauce together in a bowl until batter is smooth and thick; fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes.
serving: 2 dozen cupcakes
calories: 164.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 24.7 g
protein: 3.1 g
saturated fat: 3.1 g
cholesterol: 29.5 mg
sodium: 235.7 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 17 g