Pope's Valentine Cookies
Rich and delicious cut-out cookies - wonderful for special holiday celebrations! These are the best cut-out cookies the long line of bakers in our family has ever found.
- ½ pound butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- 2. Mix butter in a mixer until light, add remaining ingredients.
- 3. Knead until velvety. Roll one-half of the dough at a time to about 1/4 inch thickness using the smallest amount of flour possible.
- 4. Cut out and bake on a lightly greased pan for 12 minutes. Cookies will be almost white when cooked.
serving: 2 dozen
calories: 272.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.4 g
protein: 2.9 g
saturated fat: 9.8 g
cholesterol: 40.8 mg
sodium: 110.1 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 10.4 g