Green Mango Salad
We live in the tropics and have discovered green (i.e. immature) mangos, a treat that is available here in abundance during the dry season.
- 1 pound green mangoes - peeled, pitted, and cut into matchsticks
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1. Mix mangoes, onion, avocado, and peanuts together in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, Thai pepper sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour dressing over mango mixture. Stir until thoroughly coated.
- 3. Let salad sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving so flavors can blend.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 236.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.1 g
protein: 3.5 g
saturated fat: 1.9 g
sodium: 324.4 mg
fiber: 7.6 g
sugar: 21.5 g