Grilled Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
Ditch the boring grilled chicken for a lean and juicy pork tenderloin with pineapple. Your kids will love the fun new way of eating dinner, and you will love the sweet and savory flavor combos this recipe offers.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1. Combine pork, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, lime juice, Sriracha, ginger, and garlic in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake up to combine well. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. While the pork is marinating, soak skewers in water for about 20 minutes prior to using them. That will help the skewers to not burn up when exposed to the flame.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat and lightly grease the grates with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- 4. Thread the skewers with marinated pork, pineapple, and red pepper, alternating back and forth; discard the marinade.
- 5. Cook skewers on the preheated grill until they obtain grill marks and the pork is no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
serving: 10 kabobs
calories: 124.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 12.5 g
protein: 8.4 g
saturated fat: 0.9 g
cholesterol: 19.6 mg
sodium: 466 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 8.8 g