Spicy tomatoes add a kick to taco recipe of soft tortillas filled with seasoned beef, lettuce and Cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, divided
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package 30%-less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat about 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add 1 can undrained tomatoes and seasoning mix; mix well. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain remaining can of tomatoes; set aside.
- 3. Spoon meat mixture evenly onto tortillas; top with lettuce, drained tomatoes and cheese.
serving: 12 tacos
calories: 455.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 37 g
protein: 26.8 g
saturated fat: 8.5 g
cholesterol: 75.6 mg
sodium: 1344.8 mg
fiber: 3.1 g
sugar: 4.1 g