Baked Chicken with Peaches
Rushed? Need an elegant main dish to serve for an important occasion, that doesn't take a lot of preparation or time? This is it. This dish is not only easy and quick, it serves up beautifully as well. My family loves it. Tip: For a delicious sauce to serve over the chicken and peaches, mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and pour mixture into cooking juices. This mixture will thicken and become a sauce to pour over the chicken and peaches.
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2. Place chicken in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Place peach slices over chicken, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, ginger, cloves, and lemon juice.
- 3. Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven, basting often with juices, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.